Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Return



Alright, so I'm back. I haven't been doing much formal drawing because college has kept me pretty busy, and I haven't been posting anything recently for the same reason. But you can be certain I've at least been doodling this whole time. Most of it has been outside of class, but not always. But what really made me want to do this again was hearing from my friends and family that they would like to see more of it. So here it is!

Because most of these drawings are doodles or practices, not a lot of them will be original at all. I just wanted to practice something fun, not spend time thinking about originality. These drawings were kind of miscellaneous, which is why I'm posting them together. All three of these drawings were done from memory. The first two pictures were drawn just before and during class respectively. As you can probably tell the top one is a doodle of Wednesday Addams from the classic "Addams Family" comic strip. It is by no means exactly like the original drawings, but it's definitely recognizable. She was one of my first doodles I did waiting for Calculus to start. Originally I gave her a much more neutral expression, but I decided it just wasn't her.
The not-so charming character in the second picture is "Rorschach" from Alan Moore's graphic novel Watchmen. I actually read Watchmen here in college for the first time, and this was about the right age for that. Anyway Rorschach is the easiest character to draw, so I drew him a couples times and this was the one I wanted to share.
Finally, the third drawing is of Bob Parr, or "Mr. Incredible" from the greatest superhero movie of all time, PIXAR's The Incredibles. I re-watched it recently in response to the trailer for Incredibles 2. I've done better drawings of him with a physical reference, but I wanted to share this one. I'm still not good enough to duplicate the style they use.

God is good. He has protected me all throughout my college experience and even divinely intervened on my grades. It is because of Him I'm trying to get this done tonight. Praise Him. God's will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment