Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Batman Villain


I decided to write this at the top primarily because there are so many of basically this same picture. At some point I thought of an idea for an original Batman villain who could challenge his existentialism philosophy and not just his history or something like Hush (who my dad does not like) or the Court of Owls or Owlman or Wrath or however many "anti-Batman's" there have been. But for the longest time I didn't know what their gimmick or design should be like. So I drew inspiration from one of Batman's greatest villains, the Phantasm, and a lot of other important figures in the animated Batman's life.
However, I wanted this villain to be visually distinct from Batman and Joker, and I had the idea to use different shapes for the face, as you can see in the last image. Where Batman and Joker have square and triangle heads respectively, this figure would have a circle head. Where Batman and Joker have threatening triangle eyes and bulging circle eyes this figure would have dead rectangle eyes. So all these images are just experimenting with what this angel-statue inspired existential villain would be like. I'd probably call them Eidolon. The next-to last image is especially nice I think.











No comments:

Post a Comment