Wednesday, January 17, 2018

DC Unity




For the longest time I've been wanting to consider what I would do for DC animated television shows. I originally just wanted to do a Superman cartoon, but soon I wanted to do the same thing for all of them. And I decided that if I was ever going to do them, I would want them to be very different from the great cartoons that already exist. Eventually I started drawing concept art for them. Looking back it's clear I've done too many Batman and Superman drawings and not enough Wonder Woman drawings. I'll fix that next.
The top image is of a study I did for how the three main heroes would look compared to their secret identities. The second is a fun, semi-silhouette drawing I did to make sure they looked different enough (I really like how Wonder Woman's hair looks almost like her own cape). And the third is a doodle I did during class, experimenting with their logos to see what I could do with them. God's will be done for all my ideas, even the ones that seem far fetched.

No comments:

Post a Comment