Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Batman and Robin Doodles




Similarly for Superman, I wanted to do Batman very differently from how I've seen him. This design is based on a number of things. Particularly some "real-life Batman" suits I've come across on the internet. I wanted it to look like actual armor without being too bulky. In considering his eyes, I stole the design from the Disney version of Baymax in Big Hero 6. They brilliantly use the shape of his mask so that when he tilts his head down it looks like he's angry even though his eyes can't change shape that way. I also thought it looked like an inversion of the rounded mask of Adam West's 1966 Batman. Robin was based a little too much on the tv show Young Justice, but I did try to differentiate his symbol by making it more like Larry-Boy's belt symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment