Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Spider-Man Doodles




These drawings are of Spider-Man, specifically the version shown in Spider-Man: Homecoming. They are also from memory and were done during class. I wanted to try out drawing Spider-Man's eyes with his new lenses.
But the last two drawings are of a concept I had for Doctor Octopus. I wanted to do the same thing for him that Spider-Man: Homecoming did for the Vulture. So I kind of made him an evil Captain America counterpart the same way Vulture is an evil Iron-Man counterpart. To that end, his suit is Hydra gear, and his metal arms are improved versions of Bucky Barnes' mechanical arm. I wanted to give them a different look from any other Dr. Octopus arms, and this fit perfectly. (During their first fight I imagine Spidey saying, "Okay one metal arm was cool. Four is just- it's just kind of tacky. Especially when you already have two!") They telescope out, and are connected to that big helmet sprouting out of the back of his head. The helmet not only makes his head look more like an octopus, it gives him more of an alien appearance. It also looks ridiculous, like his hair from the comics.
If I could do one thing differently, I would want it to be the mask. It still looks a little too like Vulture's. I don't know how I'd do it, but I'd want it to be more like a soldier or surgeon's mask. I wanted him to be scary, like the new Vulture, so I tried to make him look like something from a horror movie. I didn't quite get it, but the idea is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment