Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Father-Daughter Time

Yeah, more of this. I did this drawing yesterday. Honestly, I'm surprised and amazed with how much I've been able to get done in the last few days. And it's all from taking a few minutes to not do anything. See before I was always filling up my time with little things trying to get myself to relax. And now I've been just sitting in a chair for 10-45 minutes just chilling with God. The first day it was really hard. I couldn't sit still, but I feel great. I've even been sleeping better and falling asleep quicker since my body already knows how to relax. Would recommend for anyone struggling with insomnia. I didn't realize it, but I was basically stressed out all of the time. Now I just sacrifice my time to God and watch how much he can help me do in just a few short minutes, including this drawing. Praise the Lord.

Anyways, this drawing is of Harrison and his daughter Moira. I drew it with barely any coloring in at first because I was worried I'd mess it up, but I think it turned out really cool. I wanted to show the progression. When I took the picture I was getting this weird lens flare effect on Harrison's face. So I fixed it with one of the crazy filters on my phone called "Vogue." Which I thought was humorously appropriate for this picture even though I don't know anything about vogue.
At first I was trying to go for a low-angle effect, but I guess I kind of dropped that in the process. It would've looked better if I'd tried to do the same thing on the car (And if I'd gotten Harrison's thumb on the correct side. I mean seriously, I have thumbs. I could've checked. No excuse.).
I think Harrison looks a lot better in this picture than when I drew him before. The night before yesterday I tried to start this drawing right before bed, which I knew was a bad idea but I did it anyway, and I just totally couldn't do anything. It's amazing what you can't get done when God is trying to get you to go to bed. Inversely, it's amazing what you can do when God is on board with it. Before I was having trouble getting Harrison to not look like a thug since you couldn't see his eyes. So I ended up basing his head shape on Slade from the classic Teen Titans cartoon. I added another scar because why not. The trick with Supervillain Family is to get it so they aren't super obviously evil, but they're just off enough that people would avoid them like the plague.
Moira was really fun to do. I wanted a little bit of her hair in front of her face, but when I was drawing that line I just sort of kept going. I like how it turned out. What's crazy about her expression is that originally it was reflected past the center of her face, and it looked too actually tough and disinterested. I flipped it around and bammo.

Thanks so much for this God. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment