Monday, April 15, 2019

Baymax 6

For a few years actually I've had a document in Google titled "Future MCU." It was just a fun twist on my usual thinking about the future to entertain myself. But I didn't get around to actually writing anything in the document until very recently. There was a small explosion of ideas, but I ended up wanting to write about a team of heroes based on Jonathan Hickman's "Fifty Into the Future" comic. Fifty years after Infinity War, in my hypothetical timeline, is about when most of the original Avengers have died naturally. This period is dubbed the after Avengers era, and the newest team of Avengers must deal with being the protectors of a time that no longer believes their organization upholds the values set by the original Avengers. They are, the After Avengers.

This character is actually the first and currently only After Avenger that I made up myself. Baymax 6, also known as Baymax Hamada, is the sixth version of Baymax, the personal healthcare companion. I was thinking about how the original Avengers all have added themes of very classic movie genres: War, Monster, Fantasy, Spy. So I wanted to make all of the After Avengers based around genres that are especially prominent today. Baymax 6 is inspired by our remake culture. She's the first human-looking Baymax version, but also the first version of Baymax not made with Tadashi Hamada's original code. It'd be something for her to seek. She's still a healthcare companion, but she additionally has all the technology of the original Big Hero 6. See, part of the question she'd raise is "if robot superheroes can do just as much and more as human superheroes, do we even need human ones?" This question is usually given an easy answer by having the robots turn evil, but what if they didn't? And this could be punctuated by making her face fully digital in the movie, or something similar.

Her suit can shape-shift to use all the various powers more effectively. I imagine it shifting more like gel or goo than Iron Man's nanobots, for example. As you can see I tried to show a color palette, just for the armor. I don't know that I know exactly how color palettes work. I imagined the left arm to be like Wasabi's suit, the right to be like Fred's, the legs like Gogo's suit except a dusty orange color instead of yellow, and the body was white, with maybe some red thrown in there. Also there'd be some black. I tried to MCU-ify the costume a little by adding random buckles and lines, but my style doesn't really lend itself to live-action depiction. Just imagine what she'd look like live-action.

This was a doodle I did after I finished the first drawing. I decided to keep it just because I like how I drew her fingers here. It's surprisingly competent.

The unshaded version, in case you're interested. 

I'm really happy God gives me stuff like this. I'm so happy with how she turned out and how I get to share this with people. Thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment