Friday, July 21, 2017

Last Day


Well, today is July 21, 2017. It's the last day I'm legally a child. Ha. Shows what they know. But if I'm being serious, I feel a kind of weight over the future that I know is there and yet I can't touch. I don't know if I've done a good job of portraying myself on this blog or if I just made myself seem constantly creative and faithful and fun. But today as I was thinking about it... all the dreams I have for the future are very hard to dream right now. Right now I don't feel super invigorated or absolutely hopeful for the future. I feel introspective and alone. How am I supposed to do the great things I want to do if I can't even find anyone except my God that cares about those same things? I don't want to express these feelings though dark or lonely images; I want to address them through images of beauty and fun.

To that end, these drawings are how I spent my evening. The first is an image that explores personality (grace and confidence) in a static image, and the second is basically supposed to be a drawing of myself if I were a cartoon rabbit. The first image is part of a larger project I hope to use in the far future, and the second is just something I wanted to do for fun. You may begin to grasp the connection between them. I like how they both turned out. I didn't leave myself enough space in the first image, and I'm sure her form isn't even close to being right or whatever. But I think she's pretty, and that's the point. I've drawn a few cartoon robots in my day and that came in handy. The second image turned out to sort of be a combination of the two main characters in Pixar's "Boundin'," which is kind of appropriate actually. "Boundin'" also might be my favorite Pixar short. I know this drawing is not as adorable as the duckling, but it's fun. All I know is, I prayed to God for help before I started drawing, and these pictures are what I drew. God's will be done. I will trust in You all the days of my life. I love You. Amen.

1 comment: