Monday, July 17, 2017

"Going Down," or "Not So Hidden Depth"

So the focus of this picture is creating a sense of depth. Nothing I haven't tried to do before, but his time I tried to used specific techniques to create the sense of depth. The rectangular hallway appears wider at the bottom of the picture than at the top. The two visible elevators are obviously of different sizes in the picture because one is closer. And that sense of depth allows the audience to judge that the tail in the foreground is actually very big on it's own, not just closer in perspective.

I think I will give a little more backstory to this picture. I don't know how obvious it is, but the two humanoid figures were actually arguing by the elevators before they both noticed something menacing sneak around the corner. This moment comes at the same time the young woman's elevator arrives and speaks "going down." As you might imagine, these words have a bit more meaning in the context of what they were arguing about and what they just saw, but I won't say exactly what.

No comments:

Post a Comment