Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Comic on Everyday Christian Thinking


Often things are much funnier in retrospect. I'm still not sure whether the writing on this one communicates the right ideas, or if those ideas are even ridiculous enough to bother drawing. At least I nailed drawing that tuft of hair that sticks out on my head.

When I drew this comic, I was in a time where I really only thought about Christian themes and ideas when my choice didn't matter all that much. So instead of thinking Christian thoughts when deciding whether to, for example, be nice to my sister, I thought about what flavor of yogurt to take from the fridge or not. Whether to take the yogurt I randomly drew and be satisfied or to put it back and take out a different one. The character specifically struggles with whether to accept his random yogurt as a gift from God and deny his own desires or to go ahead and give in. The thoughts are serious and good, the subject is ridiculous. God's will be done.

Written Out:
Panel 1: Hm. I pulled out another blueberry. I kinda wanted strawberry right now.
Panel 2: In C.S. Lewis' Perelandra the Eve figure cannot comprehend stored food because she always takes whatever God gives her- which would otherwise seem like chance.
Panel 3: Self-denial too is a pretty big need for developing Christians.
Panel 4: I wish I thought like this about any other topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment