Thursday, September 7, 2023

Human Study

 

More practice working on drawing people, hands, and drawing people from a worm's-eye view. I think I was able to capture the perspective much better in this drawing. I'm also getting better with drawing hands. I've been having to model and remodel hands in Blender for a project I'm working on. So, I think that actually helped a lot with figuring out how hands are supposed to look.

I've been reading the Three Body Problem series by Liu Cixin, also known as the Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy. It's a really great series. I had some time in class, so I decided to try to draw my imagined version of Luo Ji, the protagonist of the second book, The Dark Forest. I wanted him to look older, like he's supposed to be, without making him necessarily unattractive. It took some playing around with different lines, but I finally got it to a point that I'm happy with.

 I drew this Spider-Man drawing as a test to see how much better I've gotten with posing from imagination. Answers were mixed. I should push this pose more.

Simple practice drawing. Just a regular person. The hands look a little better than normal, however. 

This is actually a redrawing I did now that I've got a better handle on perspective and anatomy. I might want to draw this again at least a third time someday-- but not today. 

Usually in my drawings I default to male anatomy because that's what I'm most familiar with. Recently, I've been trying to get better at drawing female anatomy, with mixed results. The above pictures is of the first Batgirl from DC comics. The proportions are a bit off, but I mostly like the pose. I also like how much of her expression I was able to convey even though the drawing is pretty tiny. Her left leg should be rotated out. Right now her knee is bending at a weird angle.

 This was the last drawing I did in class today, and it shows. My hands and "eye" were all warmed up. I was better able to catch some mistakes I made. I had to redraw the hands a couple of times, but I'm pleased with how they turned out. Drawing the figure beforehand definitely helped.

God be with me. Help me to be with you. Please help me to improve and do what you want always. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment