Thursday, September 14, 2023

Tilt

 
These are some more drawings from class today. I'm still working on drawing women. The above picture was an attempt to copy a similar drawing I've seen without looking at it. I did not get it to look like the original. Also, the eyes need more symmetry. At least it has a good sense of depth. I've been bringing my regular notebook to class, which is why these are on lined paper.

For the picture above, I was trying to see if I could do a pose like this and if I could correct my issue with knees in one of my previous drawings. I also tried to put more effort into her clothes and the folds of the clothes than I usually do. Overall, I'm happy with the result. The arms are slightly off proportion with one another.

I drew this drawing based on a pose I remembered Hobie Brown making in Across the Spider-Verse, the film. You should see it if you haven't. Everyone who's seen it knows how incredible it is. I think it's actually made people feel like they don't have to say anything about it. They think everyone already agrees how good it is, so word of mouth doesn't spread as much as it should. 

Anyway, because of the pose she was doing, I wanted to put more effort into her clothing as well. Someone told me a while ago that my characters drawn here need more personality. Kay. So I gave her distressed jeans. I despise distressed jeans. Distressed jeans are one of the dumbest creations of humankind, which is saying something. It really bugs me when I can't find any jeans in the store that don't have an ugly white patch in the middle of the thigh for no reason. Anyway, so that's why I gave this character distressed jeans. Originally, I wasn't going to do anything for her t-shirt. But after some thought, I decided to go with something simple and straightforward.

God be with me. God help me this year. Help me to get everything done that I need to get done. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment