Sunday, July 2, 2023

Superman and Bizarro




This drawing is a redrawing of the one above with different perspective. I wasn't satisfied with the perspective of the first, and I'd forgotten to use my forms.



You can see I redrew Bizarro's head because I didn't like the pose of the first one on the right. It looked too much like I just spun the head instead of it turning.



This series of pictures is inspired by Scott Lobdell's version of Bizarro, the imperfect Superman clone. I imagined what it would be like for Superman and this new Bizarro to meet. So I drew some character interpretations and drew out a rough storyboard. I could polish this storyboard up, but since it's mostly a reference for me, I figured I'd leave it. The smaller images would be in silhouette. 

In explanation of the storyboards here, this would be Superman and Bizarro meeting for the first time. Superman notices that Bizarro is different from the other Bizarro's he's met (the evil ones), but Bizarro mistakenly thinks Superman means "you're different from me." Because this Bizarro wants more than anything to be like Superman.

Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws is one of the few modern mainstream comics I respect. I know that sounds pretty harsh, and I guess it is. I owe them some respect because at least they've published something and I haven't. That takes guts and hard work. Anyway, if you're interested in reading a bit about the series, this website makes a good case.

https://thecomicvault.wordpress.com/2017/07/15/how-red-hood-and-the-outlaws-makes-you-care-about-bizarro/

I really like this version of Bizarro. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

God's will be done. God bless us all. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment