Saturday, July 8, 2023

Messy Batter


I wanted to sketch an image in my head for fun. It was inspired partially by the indie game OFF and the anime Paranoia Agent. I first discovered OFF through this wonderful series of animations. I was looking up images of bats that have been dented or broken, and I sketched this one really quickly. 

I've been so focused on improving lately I haven't really done anything super loose and fun. Thinking about the art style of OFF reminded me to do that. I like how the cross-hatching makes the character and the bat look dirty. I was imagining this character using the bat to fight internal demons and things. But I don't know what kind of story that would be. I'll keep it in my head.

God bless everyone and keep you safe. I love you, God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment