Saturday, November 26, 2016

Light

The text on the side says:
-Hey, Wil! What are you doing here in the-
sound effect: click
-dark?

This is an experiment with lighting I did before I started taking art classes. Given that shadows and lighting are such a big part of the story, I decided to use an environment I was familiar with. This is based on an actual room in my house and the kinds of shadows I've observed. It's a good first try, and it accomplishes the desired effect.

I'm kind of sensitive to light, so when other people walk into a room and automatically turn on the light I sometimes wish I could do this. I don't know if it's an actual problem, if it's the nocebo effect, or if I'm just not getting enough sleep. Whatever the case I really like the expression on the tall character in this picture. Thanks goes now and always to you God, for helping me to get this posted tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment