Sunday, December 4, 2016

Happy Face

I've been feeling a little down on not getting enough practice. So instead of attempting to draw the intense, photo realistic images I want to be able to draw but can't- I decided to draw this happy duckling with a disproportionately large head and impossibly small feet. It's a habit of mine to draw happy faces when trying to feel happy, and it works really well. Mirror neurons and all that.

This is actually the first time I remember trying to draw a cartoon duck. It's surprisingly easy (at least for me). I thought the elongated grin was going to throw me off. I also remembered to re-trace the drawing so it would show up on the printing scanner before I got up! Yes. The cut-off bit at the very bottom is part of another sketch I didn't include.

On an unrelated note, who else is hoping Jesus comes back this Christmas? Of course earlier than that would be great. I'm looking forward to Christmas too of course (and a lot of other things if I think about it). I just really want Him to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment