Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Face in the Dark


The latest experiment in an ongoing project idea. This time with highlights. I've been learning about highlights and I tried to incorporate them into this one. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out. I tried to get the highlights on all the obvious parts of the face: the bridge of the nose, under the nose, the sides of the eyes, around the mouth, and on the eyebrows. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
I was mostly doing this to experiment with lights on the eyes and how that changed the direction they appeared to be facing. I think if the pupils were pointing in a more obvious direction they wouldn't be so easily governed by highlights. If you look just at the pupils but not the highlights, you can tell they're actually looking to the right. The highlights change this.
Personally, I like the dark. I feel God's presence there with me more than I do in bright areas. Natural sunlight is okay, but today it seems like every light bulb and blinking light are extra intense. It's nice to get away from it all. I intend to get better at lighting as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment