Friday, November 25, 2016

Let the Games Begin?

Happy After Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you all are having or have had as great a holiday as I'm having. I drew this a long time ago, but I haven't taken the opportunity to share it until now. It was back when I was only really confident with my ability to draw characters Gravity Falls style. All and all I'm pretty satisfied with it. The words are pretty legible, and you can tell who's talking. The character designs are original as far as I know. Any resemblance to actual or fictional persons, living or dead, or actual or fictional events is purely coincidental. Looking between the scanned image and the one in my sketchbook I'm amazed at the stark contrast between the lines you can't see at all and the lines that look way too emphasized. Ah well.

There's a bit of story behind this one too. PING here is a sentient arcade game machine and (as you might expect) these two are the only ones that know about it. They're not hiding it, but no one they've talked to about it cares. The kid there is trying to get PING to do something for him, but it's not having it. They're both also completely misunderstanding the phrase "no quarter given".

May God bless all your holidays and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment