Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Atla Short Story

 


 This is a picture that goes along with the short story I wrote here. I've put it on this blog before, but I thought it made sense to put here again. 

Atla Short Story

Slight content warning. This story includes violence, gun violence, violence nearby a school, and child endangerment, though no children are harmed. There's also the use of minor swears like "shit." If you watch Marvel films, you're probably fine. 

 So I've been working on this short story for a while now. I had the initial inspiration for it earlier this spring. I was exploring a feeling I had that the main character shares. Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out. The climax is resolved through sacrifice and compassion instead of violence, which is important to me. One of my favorite ways stories can cause a turning point is when one character teaches another character something they need to change about themselves. It feels very natural to the real world. I also like the foreshadowing and the character development I manged to squeeze into this short story. 

God be with me. Lord save me. I need you all the time. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment