Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Jetty the Magic Girl

 


So I had an idea for a tv series about classic magical girls versus Lovecraftian monsters. That's not too original, but the series would also take major inspiration from the comic that first inspired me: Atomic Robo. It's a really great series for all ages. You should read it. I was inspired most by Volume 3: The Shadow From Out of Time and Volume 7: The Flying She Devils of the Pacific. The hypothetical show Magical Girls Versus Cosmic Ones would also take a lot of historical inspiration, including a sort-of Ghibli-esque steampunk aesthetic. I've outlined the episodes of the first season and all the major characters. 

Jetty (pictured above) is from the mid-1800s. She was taken from her universe by a cosmic evil and rescued by magical girls from another universe. Now she works with them to fight evil and return to her world. Jetty's design is based mostly on Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, Alice Liddell's design from Cheshire Crossing, and pictures of Ada Lovelace. Her design would need some tweaking and added details, but I'm happy with it for now. 

If I could, would I spend all my time making this show real? Yes. Am I in graduate school with two jobs? Also yes. God be with me. God's will be done for this idea, just like all my ideas. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment