Monday, December 12, 2016

Shows

The recent influx of animated shows dealing with other dimensions surprises and delights me. Every time I envision a concept where the protagonists travel into other dimensions, I have to remind myself how that has already been done in so many ways. For those who don't know, the shows he's referring to are, in order: Penn Zero: Part Time Hero, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, and Rick and Morty. All good shows I tried to do justice to in just a single panel each. Also, I'd like to say that though they all have similar features, they are all very original and differently handled shows each with their own strengths.

I think my best panel was the Gravity Falls one, which is unsurprising given that the show is my personal favorite and its style is the one I've practiced the most. This comic is the first time I've attempted to write words into the panels instead of outside it. It went better than I expected. Someone recently asked me how long this sort of think took. In this case it took me a little over an hour to draw this comic, but I loved every minute of it. Also to whoever draws anything in the style of Rick and Morty. Don't expect to be able to dabble in the art style without being corrupted by the dark concepts of this twisted show. You've been warned.

Also if anyone has any tips on seeking the Kingdom of God first before everything else I'd love to hear them. I've hit a roadblock in that department even though I feel like it's the next step.

Here's all the dialogue in case you can't read my horrible handwriting.
Panel 1:
Okay guys! I've got an absolutely fantastic idea for a TV show! It's about these kids that travel to a different dimension each day!
Um, that's actually already a show.
Panel 2: 
Okay fine. So what if instead the girl of the group was from another dimension and came to earth?
That's... that's already a show too.
Panel 3:
Just stick with me- this can work. What if the kids stayed on Earth, and everything else came from a different dimension?
Are you...? Is this a...? That's also a show!
Panel 4:
Alright, forget the kids. What if instead it was just one kid and his grandpa going into other dimensions!
That's still already a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment