Thursday, July 21, 2016

Clipboard Animation

I know this blog is called "Aspiring Animator" not "Aspiring Illustrator". So here's a picture of me animating. Nothing advanced or fancy. I just used regular paper, a straight cutter, clear plastic clipboard, and a flashlight held between my knees to trace what I need of each previous drawing. I know, very improvisational, but that's the point. To any artists out there who read this, you don't need digital drawing tablets or lots of computer software to do great animation. And don't listen to anyone who says tracing skills are not as cool or necessary as drawing skills, because tracing is half of what I'm doing right here.

And this wasn't hard! It was the easiest, quickest thing in the world. I should have this particular animation finished by the end of the week (if God helps me as much as he did today)!

No comments:

Post a Comment