Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Comic

This is one of the comics I've imagined and felt the need to draw. This particular one is how I feel when I tell people I don't drink caffeine. I don't remember what year it's from. As I said, this is one of a couple comics I've come up with, but I'm still happy with how it turned out. Especially the first and third panels. The body language is pretty spot on in those, as are the proportions I wanted. The subjects of these kinds of comics are always people I can identify with and either can see myself becoming or admire. For example the main character here is a software developer, as is his caffeinated friend. The symbol on the coffee cup is another coffee cup. It's all easier to see zoomed in.

The dialogue is a bit hard to puzzle out so I'll rewrite it here.
Panel 1: Geez, you look awful. Panel 2: Here, you need this. Panel 3: No thanks. I don't take coffee. Panel 4: Look at yourself! Seriously are you in pain? Panel 5: Pain doesn't necessarily need to be suppressed. It lets you know you're alive in a world where that's not a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment