Sunday, July 24, 2016

Christian Cartoon

A cartoon I did a few years ago after reading Matthew 7 with my youth group. It's actually one of the pieces of artwork I have that's already out on the web. As my dad pointed out, this parable especially lends itself to cartooning. I think illustrating it gives an added ridiculousness to the hypocrisy of humans. Also, I believe this passage applies to everyone, no matter how big your neighbor's problem is. Some of you may recognize Munchkins artwork as references for the characters.

As before I'll rewrite the words here.

Matthew 7:3-5 Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment