Sunday, February 25, 2024

Hand Drawn Assignment for Rendering Class

 

For some reason, part of our first assignment in rendering class included making a hand drawn colored image based on a photorealistic image from the internet. I chose the famous shot from the Avatar: Way of Water trailer. I haven't bothered to actually see the film yet, but this shot was interesting. For those unaware, it sparked a discussion as to whether or not the hands were CGI. Many guessed the water was real and the hands were CGI. In fact, the hands were real human skin painted to have subsurface scattering while the water and surrounding environment were completely simulated. 

I gave myself an hour to copy the image as best as possible. Then I called it and turned it in. 

God be with me. Lord help me this year and always. I need you. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment