Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Exceptionals

 

I started this picture in class and finished it just a few minutes ago. It's a drawing of the characters from an idea I wrote out. Basically, it came from the idea of "what if superheroes had powers that could actually solve the world's problems" and "what if you gave those powers to some of the most messed up people in modern society?" What would they do with those powers? How would they change the world? Most of the stories I write are because I want to create happy stories, but the Exceptionals is more for catharsis. I can only really write it well when I'm mad. Thankfully, I haven't felt like working on it in a while.

I also like the amount of practice this picture gave me with full bodies and group shots. Not much action going on, but I was able to draw lots of different people. You may recognize Fuzzy (in the center) from a few blog posts ago. 

From left to right: 

Luc "Neohyperman" Amagi, Nicole "Crazy Magnet" Foster, Sean "Grouch" Galinski, Asher "Ash" Gomez, Sherry "Bunny Girl" Pashaei, Lara Eden "Ellie/Fuzzy" Bellman, Kia "Hypnos" McLaren-Wix, and Meryl "Blondie" Vogan.

I hope everyone out there is doing well. God bless everybody. God save me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment