Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Experiment Comic

I'm not really sure about posting this before all my other Pines Twins stuff, but obviously I did it. So. Rebecca Sugar, the amazingly nice creator of Steven Universe, suggested writing and drawing comics for people that wanted to be in animation. That struck a cord with me tonight because I need to learn how best to tell the story ideas I have, not just how to draw certain scenes from them. So I needed to start again somewhere, and that somewhere was here, with this comic. If you can't read the words that's fine because they're not my best by the long shot, especially for Dipper and Mabel. I actually think it's more meaningful without the words. I'm basically just posting this because I like the art (for how quick I drew it) and the way I did the panels. The idea for this story came from a very visceral feeling I had when I encountered these huge piles of garbage in the woods behind my church. It was saddening to see something like that. So I had the idea that Mabel and Dipper would feel the same if they encountered something similar. I intend to make this into a much bigger, better story.

I guess I should mention somewhere that I have a job now. It's at a pizza place called Blaze Pizza, and yesterday was the start of about my second full week there. The people there are really nice to me, and they're very helpful. The customers have been friendly and understanding. It's a much easier and nicer environment than school (the teachers were great, the other kids usually not so much). I'm still amazed I got my first job at a pizza place after I wrote and drew "Tachy's Time Pizza." Things like that make me wonder if Someone planned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment