Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Chapter 2

It's random drawings of my "Bookends" characters '83 and Classica. The title of this post comes from that the hypothetical episode names of this hypothetical show could be chapter names. I wanted to draw this to get a different view of both of them. This image has '83 standing up, and you can actually see Classica's book "wings" from this angle. I drew Classica way too big this time, and consequentially their eyes aren't actually meeting as well as they should. Still, you get the kind of attitude the characters have towards each other. I actually wanted to draw the top left image of '83 to make it obvious he does actually have two eyes and not just one- though one eye would be cool. Regarding that kind of proud, loudmouth expression I experimented with on the left- for some reason I actually find that expression really cute in an obnoxious sort of way.

I'm not extremely confident this idea will ever become much more than an idea, but I have fun drawing these guys. Besides, you never know. "God knows, but he's not saying..." And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment