Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Computer Science Creative Expressions

In one of my computer science classes last year, we were required to create a "Creative Expression" which demonstrated that we understood the material. So, I decided to write short stories illustrating a concept I had learned in class. Finally, I've decided to include them on this blog, because I like some of the elements in them. They were each written with different age groups in mind.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1At0eOBN243Llmiq1iN4C_Enl5FJcvM5v/view?usp=sharing 

This is the first story I wrote for class. This story was principally inspired by the Sir Cumference book series that my 3rd Grade teacher introduced me too. I always enjoyed them, and I was inspired by the idea of teaching math through a fantasy world. So, I took inspiration from that series when writing this short story. I also wrote it with my 8-year-old self in mind, though it could be for younger ages. I used Adobe Illustrator to make the illustration, which would become a theme. Right now, I'm much more comfortable with Illustrator than with Photoshop. Illustrator just seems more intuitive. It lets me do what I actually expect to be able to do with the software.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Q4z7aLcZrIl97ydPg2rfsRDTh5huv2X/view?usp=sharing

This is the second story I wrote for class. It's meant for kids who are a bit older, maybe 10-year-olds to preteens. I don't know. The concepts here are a little more complex, but I tried to maintain the same format I had in the first story without copying the formula exactly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CehQd3KnOo4oAYUGogpA5dmVQ0yP7xKo/view?usp=sharing

This is the third story I wrote for class. It was intended for all ages, but especially adults and young adults. I explored more adult themes in this one and added more atmosphere. My teacher for the computer science class told me she "very much enjoyed reading this story." 

I hope I get the chance to write other short stories in the future. God's will be done. Lord save us all. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment