Sunday, February 3, 2019

Boy Behind the Mask



Someone else I was thinking about in class: this is Franklin "Frankie," aka Titan-Boy. I decided I wanted to draw his face and the under-suit he wears that controls the smart bots that make up his super-suit. This was also good practice in giving my characters distinctive visual features, since I tend to give them all sort of the same face whenever I'm not using a reference. Originally his chin was more triangular like many of my other characters, but I made it a bit squarer when thinking about Optimus Prime again. I did a side-by-side drawing with the mask on just because I think it's cool. I like masks that actually obscure the character's face. That being said, the hair is a dead giveaway. I should have drawn the outlet on his suit bigger and flatter probably. It was funner than I expected to design his civilian outfit and think about what that said about him.
I had a similarly interesting time designing the second character, who I'm calling Odella for now (maybe just Odell?). I had a hard time deciding what exactly I wanted her to look like so the audience would understand as much as I want them to. As you see, she knows Frankie in his civilian identity, and she knows what he does with a lot of his time. They're friends, sort of, but not in the way you might expect. I want to say more, but I'm still hoping I can make this into an actual animated webseries when I have the experience for it.
I'm really happy to see Frankie come to life more in front of me. God's will be done, thanks for helping me to put this stuff out here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment