Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Toad and Alien

A couple of cartoon characters from my sketch book. The left one was inspired by a pattern on the floor (and science fiction I'd been reading, not to mention people's posture). The one on the right drew from other frog-like characters I had been drawing (and also possibly the antagonists in Thumbelina, but that was a long time ago) as well as PIXAR's Underminer. Obviously he has some sort of visor over his eyes. However, he was just an image in my brain, so I don't know exactly where it came from. I've been picturing him as a space character.

God eases my fears about putting my artwork into the world like this. It's like putting pieces of myself on display. I'm an animator. I like to act- but through someone else I can perfect ahead of time. I've had stage fright my whole life, but God has blessed me to be able to do even this.

No comments:

Post a Comment